How to Apply Hair Conditioner for your Hair?
Conditioning is an essential part of the hair care routine as it reintroduces lost moisture back to your strands. Shampooing your hair makes it dull and hard as it is only meant for washing off the sweat and dead skin cells; hence, you need something to keep the moisture in your hair intact. That’s where the conditioners play their part.
Conditioners make your hair soft and bouncy with every touch. They have humectants, fatty alcohols, and oils, which make the hair look shinier, smoother, and easier to comb. Dry or damaged locks tend to be static due to their negative charge. Meanwhile, conditioners contain ingredients like thickening agents that cling up to hair and make them less static.
However, using a hair conditioner is not as simple as it may seem. It is vital to know the right way to condition your hair as only then can you ensure that your strands remain healthy, well-nourished, and shining.
Wondering about where to start? Here’s the comprehensive guide that will walk you through the effective way to apply the hair conditioner. So, without further ado, let’s delve into it!
Benefits of Using Hair Conditioner
Adding any product to your daily care routine without knowing its benefits is a serious matter of concern. Remember that you cannot make the most out of anything until and unless you know about the product well. So, let’s find the major benefits that conditioning your hair entails!
Conditioners nourish and protect your hair
Conditioners provide your hair with enough nourishment and make them feel softer. They work by sealing your hair cuticles and sticking the formulations to your hair. This way, you can experience shiny and voluminous hair.
Conditioners help prevent hair damage
When you provide the right ingredients to your locks, the hair condition improves. Conditioners help us prevent hair damage and make your scalp the healthiest. They also help us avoid the breakage and repair them from the chemical heat damage as well.
Chemical Free conditioners help maintain your hair color
Using chemical-free conditioners allows us to conserve the colored hair well. Even salon specialists recommend several products for conditioning your hair with herbal or natural ingredients so that your hair color lasts longer.
Conditioners help your hair retain moisture
The surfactants in the shampoo strip your hair scalp off of essential oils, which makes it dry and dull. Using the right conditioner allows you to infuse your hair with moisture again. You can feel the healthy, shiny, and voluminous structure within a few days of use. In short, your good hair days come alive again.
A Step-By-Step Guide To Apply Hair Conditioner
Wondering what the right way of conditioner application is? On the label of your conditioner, there are a few basic instructions for use. But to make sure your hair does not lose its balance, you need to know the exact process to apply it. Maximum results are guaranteed when you go by the rules.
Buckle up, folks, and we are letting you in on the secret that many already know about and you are yet to know. Read on to know the correct way to apply conditioner to your hair.
- Select the right Conditioner for you as per your skin and hair types.
- Cleanse your hair with the best paraben free shampoo
- Rinse out your hair and clear all the shampoo.
- Wring your hair if it is sipping wet.
- Apply conditioner bit by bit.
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes and rinse it off.
Here are the basic steps that you should follow while applying the conditioner
- Do not apply conditioner to your sopping wet locks; otherwise, the conditioner slides off and will not coat the fibers or penetrate. Make sure to wring the locks out before you slather the conditioner on them.
- Taking a straight pump of conditioner will not give you the beautiful and shining hair you want. You should take out the right amount from the bottle depending on your hair length and type. Check out the tutorials that show you how much conditioner will be better for you.
- Apply the conditioner only to the ends of your locks. Do not over-condition by applying it to your scalp or roots. Start from the oldest sections that have excess damage.
- Even out the conditioner using a wide-tooth comb once you apply to ensure each hair strand gets treated equally.
- Make sure that it absorbs properly. You can distinguish the wait time as per the type of product you are using. If you have a rinse-out conditioner, you only need a minute or two to let it set properly. Meanwhile, for a deep conditioner, you need at least fifteen minutes or more.
- At last, thoroughly rinse your hair until you feel they are fully clean and have no slippery texture.
That’s all about it! Add the right conditioner to your hair care regime right away and bring the dream of having gleaming, smooth, and flowing hair into reality.